608 Wilsons Pocket Road, Wilsons PocketFOR SALE CONTACT AGENT
- Property ID: 61771090
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property type: HOUSE
- Land size: 12ha (29.65 acres) (approx)
- Building size:
- Garage: 3
- Listing type: FOR SALE
FOR SALE BY TENDER CLOSING AT 5PM ON FRIDAY 18 JANUARY 2019
Features and potential
• Cooroy to Curra highway (Stage D) to commence 2019 (funded by Federal and State governments).
• Close to the coast with relatively high rainfall.
• Elevated property descending to valley floor (Tinana Creek), rear of property is highest point in immediate area.
• The property has a 5 acre irrigation licence with an easement through an adjoining property to Tinana Creek. A small yearly fee (approx. $100) is payable to keep the irrigation licence open. The open grassed areas on the property were previously farmed for beans and other vegetable small crops.
• The underlying rock formations on the property (as observed from outcrops) transition from predominate shale at the rear, areas of white quartz in the middle section (haven't found gold as yet but you never know your luck) to ironstone nodulesin isolated areas as you move further down the property towards the front.
• Meets all requirements under Gympie Regional Council (GRC) 'Tourist' provisions in order to install either four (4) additional cabins at 30m2 enclosed floor area each (excludes decks, carports and enclosed garages) or four (4) caravan facilities or combination of both (total of four). Thirteen (13) person treatment plant has been strategically placed to allow for further building work at the rear of the property (with GRC approval), including expansion of the rear cabin (with possible inclusion of a spa), studio facility, shed with three plumbing fixtures, additional cabins under the GRC 'Tourist' provisions and or washhouse/toilet facility if 'boutique' caravan facility constructed. The property offers many ideal sites for outdoor entertainment, gazebo and/or BBQ sites with views to the surrounding hills for use by tourist cabin or caravan park users.
• Professionally built 10kW solar system designed so as to not interfere with livestock movements on the property. Quality German SMA 10kW inverter and German solar panels. There are 11.6kW of solar panels which allows for greater throughput earlier and later in the day and on overcast days. SMA 10kW inverter will allow up to 20% more input than rated but will only ever output 10kW of power. Best ever output in a day has been 74.2 kWh. Dongle on inverter continuously outputs performance via the internet and reports via email at the beginning of each day on previous day's output. As such, external monitoring of the system is possible from anywhere in the world. Even with extensive additional building work on the property requiring greater electricity usage, you would never have an electricity bill given the 10kW solar capacity on-site. Three phase power output available at the house, solar system and cabin.
• The high point at rear of property is ideal for a 'tank farm' replenished from the property dam. This facility would allow for a 'drip-fed' agriculture project such as an extensive vegetable garden or tree plantation in areas presently covered by open grassed lands. Access to the rear hill is via a vehicular track through the rear forest.
• The property is bordered by Goomboorian National Park (forested), rear and front forests and a neighbour with extensive forest areas. With all sides forested, there is complete privacy particularly at the rear of the property. Goomboorian National Park provides opportunities for bushwalking activities.
• Significantly large Spotted Gum and Grey Gum trees cover sections of the property, particularly in the rear forested area. Some of these trees are 35m+ with tree diameters in excess of 450mm. Two wonderfully full and majestic Gympie Messmate trees are positioned next to the cabin at the rear of the property.
• Many and varied native animals live and shelter in the surrounding forests including koalas, bearded dragons, sand goannas, bandicoots, possums, bush turkeys, echidnas, native pigeons, quail, large earth worms (bodies as thick as a man's thumb), native stingless bees, a group of resident grey kangaroos as well as bush wallabies, etc. A great variety of native insects, moths and butterflies complete their lifecycles on or near the property. Birds that are regularly observed from the property include hawks, black cockatoos (often heard before sighting), native bee-eaters (seasonal), robins, ducks (on the dam), Whip birds, etc. A community of wonderful Bell birds can be heard along Ormes Road, not far from the property. Particularly in the mornings, the bird sounds from the forests are enchanting.
• With little or no light pollution at the rear of the property, the night skies can be pitch black resulting in outstanding star observations at night. Once a month over a 4-5 day period, the full moon rises over the valley ridge directly opposite the rear cabin, firstly and spectacularly as a large orange disk. Observation of this wonderful and anticipated event can be made from the leisure of the cabin deck with a warm cup of tea or coffee in hand.
• Tin Can Bay, Rainbow Beach and access to Frazer Island via Inskip Point are a relatively short drive further down Tin Can Bay Road. Kin Kin, Pomona and Cooroy can be reached from a winding hilly road as a back access to these lovely country towns with their almost idyllic green hills, valleys and forested roadways.
• The property is covered in 'Signal' grass (improved pasture), which is optimum for the grazing of 3-4 cattle (home consumption). The approximate 15 acres of grassed area can also be used for horses. Bee-keeping activities and honey production is also an option with the surrounding forests providing year-round flowering from a great variety of native gum, wattle and brush species.
• There is gated side access to the Goomboorian National Park track bordering the property as an alternative means of access to the rear of the property.
• There is one other ideal site on the property for an additional dam if required.
• With GRC approval, the front house can be expanded with additional bedrooms or recreation areas if desired.
• Under GRC town planning regulations for a 30 acre property, there are no limits to the size and height of a shed/sheds that can be constructed on the property. Set-backs from front, rear and side property boundaries are required, but they are minimal.
• As with many country areas, the property neighbours are welcoming, friendly and helpful.
INFRASTRUCTURE INCLUDED IN SALE
- 30 acres, fully fenced
- House includes 2 bedrooms, bathroom (separate shower and bath), separate toilet, laundry, full length front deck, 6 x 6m attached carport, large kitchen, fireplace, hardiplank exterior, plasterboard interior, window fly screens, security doors, hardwood framing and hardwood floor (lino covering), corrugated iron roof, concrete 22,500 litre water tank plus 9,000 litre PVC water tanks x 2, standard septic system
- detached modern cabin at rear of property (2.5 years old), council approved, based in two separate structures connected with extra large covered deck area and breezeway, attached 6 x 6m suspended wooden floor carport, views out over surrounding valley to hills, glass balustrades, polished wooden deck, down-lights and ceiling fans to deck, satellite TV installed, 9,000 litre water tanks x 2, electricity supplied by separate stand-alone 10kW solar system.
- Structure 1: bedroom cabin (with area for queen-sized bed), built-in table and elevated TV space, ensuite (shower, toilet and hand basin), ceiling fan, down lights, window fly screens, two-pac cupboard storage spaces, separate switch board, roller blinds, steel exterior cladding, plaster interior, professionally manufactured structure, fully insulated.
- Structure 2 : kitchen cabin with two-pac kitchen cupboard storage spaces, soft close draws, stone benchtop, wired for oven, refrigerator and dishwasher, ensuite (shower, toilet and hand basin), ceiling fan, down lights, space for day bed, separate switch board, roller blinds, steel exterior cladding, plaster interior, professionally manufactured structure, fully insulated.
- Stand alone 10kV solar system connected to grid
- 5 acre irrigation licence with easement to Tinana Creek
- Large dam
- Older style 3 bay shed
- Two separate conservation listed forested areas, approx 15 acres. Rear area mostly Spotted Gum and Grey Gum with emerging large quantity of Crows Ash.
Middle area mostly Box Brush, Queensland Brush Box and Grey Gum
- Open grassed areas (improved pastures, 'Signal grass'), approx 15 acres
OPTIONAL infrastructure and machinery will be negotiated separately
For inspection, phone Marilyn McShannon at Queensland Independent Property Agents on 0402 218 238.